Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading this post. First of all, if the moniker carolynbennettwritercomic.blogspot.com is a little on the nose, it's because I have to distinguish myself from that other Carolyn Bennett, the MP and doctor. While she may be more famous and accomplished, I get fewer angry constituents phoning me. And I also get the odd royalty check in the mail. Last week I received one for $4.97. I went to town and bought some green peppers. Riding the subway in Toronto opens wide the doors of perception. Case in point - I was reading the jaunty little rag Metro the other day while in transit and spotted a call for election officials. My riding is holding a by-election and I thought, why not call, for two reasons. 1) Any work would be in my neighbourhood and 2) it would get me away from starting on my second novel. On a whim I phoned the Riding Office. Over the phone and in two minutes I was hired as a DRO. What's a DRO? A DRO is a Deputy R...
It's me. Carol. Your friend of 35 years. It's been really hard, but I'm just starting to accept your passing away on December 4. You had a massive heart attack. Your dad had to do CPR on you. Do you remember? I don't get it -- you swam and ran every day. You ate bird seed, lots of fruits and veg. We talked in November and you told me how good you felt. You told me about a new project in the works. You ran some new jokes by me. We talked about your set at the Winnipeg Comedy Festival. Business as usual. I now know that at any moment, business can get unusual. Fast. I'm gonna miss your baritone voice over the phone. "Hello Carol, it's SEAN ....HHHHmmmmpppphhh." We never became sweethearts, but we were, you know? Sweethearts without all the yucky sex stuff. Innocent love, love that a man and woman who make each other laugh know. You were always in my heart, even 35 years later as I turned 50 in my little apartm...
Season's Greetings from the person, place and thing know as CBennettworld. All my imaginary employees wish you and your family peace, prosperity and good health in 2021 and beyond. Everyone, from the assembly line workers who package those last minute items you ordered online to the management team that oppresses them, wish you and your loved and tolerable ones joy this holiday season. And what a holiday season it is! No attempts at conversation with more successful peers at festive unions gatherings, no choking down freezer burned hor d'oeuvres at recovery meetings, no guilt about not shopping for gifts online or at the mall -- this truly is a season of blessings for the introvert, the indifferent, or the selfish. Of course, a monolith like CBennettworld must make a display of charitable endeavours. To that end, we have delivered a wagon full of remaindered goods to a local homeless shelter, including Hai Karate (dealcoholized), Easy-Bake Ovens, and Carolyn Bennett'...
Comments